Studying Malware Analysis In College
F-secure is about to start a course called "Malware Analysis and Antivirus Technologies" at the Helsinki University of Technology. I really wish we had that kind of classes when I was attending college!
And since F-secure is full of cool people, they provide the slides from the courses that were already done!
On the menu:
- General introduction of the course [slides]
- Fighting Online Crime [slides]
- Windows operating system: Antivirus perspective.
- Legal aspects of reverse engineering. Reverse engineering I
- Reverse engineering II
- Reverse engineering tools hands on classes
- Mobile malware.
- Using debuggers to analyze malware
- Emulators and disassemblers. Behavioral analysis of malware.
- Reverse engineering III
- Unpacking and decrypting malware
- Antivirus engine design.